Tuesday, August 31, 2010

And so it begins...

A friend of mine told me to get off my ass and do something worthwhile. I work too hard, so most of the time not working I spend either with my friends or playing golf. There hasn't been much time dedicated to "self-betterment" lately.

So this is my attempt to join the digital world.

There are a few things you should know about me. I have a good but mundane government job. I am in a steady long-term and happy relationship with my college girlfriend. And I love golf. I mean, I love my girlfriend too, but its just in a very different way.

In 2009, I played 34 rounds of golf at 21 different courses. I watched at least a few shots from most PGA Tour events. And for those tournaments that even the casual sports fan tunes in to-- Kapalua, Torrey, Pebble, the Bob Hope, Match Play, Bay Hill, The Masters, The Player's, The Open, the PGA and the Ryder Cup (oooooh I cant wait!)-- I have been known to plant my ass on the couch to watch wire to wire coverage. Embarassing, but true.

Like I said, I love golf. I love shooting in the low eighties. I love my Burner driver and my RAC wedges. I love hitting a ball 300 yards down the middle of the fairway. I love making any putt over six feet. I really love making birdies. And I really love waking up at six AM to make Bloody Mary's and watch moving day at the British Open. I love Phil being Phil. Tiger being... um... Tiger (keep your thoughts out of the gutter). And more than anything else I love teeing off with a breeze at my back on a beatiful course with three friends and four cold beers.

I do hate somethings about the game, but that will be saved for another day and time.

For now, all you need to know is that if you want to talk about golf, I am your new best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment