Monday, December 27, 2010

Winter Sucks

It is twenty eight degrees today with a twenty two mile per hour wind.   There is an inch and a half of snow on the ground, and the meteorologist says its not going anywhere any time soon.

Winter sucks. 

It's been 43 days since I last teed off.  November 11th, Veteran's Day, at Andrews Air Force Base.  I still remember it like it was yesterday.  (cue cheesy effects)

It was a blustery November afternoon when we stepped up on the tee at the West Course..I think.   My first drive went straight down the middle.  Or maybe I hooked it a little, but I think it was still a good shot.   Then my approach shot from 155 came up short.  Or wait, no, it was 115 and it came up short.  Or did I hit the trap?  Then I duffed my next shot... but I somehow had a putt for par? 

Oh Christ I have no idea.  I dont remember it like it was yesterday because it wasn't yesterday.  It was forty-frickin-three days ago. 

I dont know what it is but I am just wimpier than I was last year.  Last year I played in the cold.  In the snow.  And even in sleet once.  Am I just getting old?  Or maybe its work?  I have been working a ton, but that's never stopped me before...

Anyway it's time for all this nonsense to end.  I am home alone for the next few days and I am going to take advantage of it.  This morning before I got out of the car I made sure to put my golf spike in the passenger seat to remind me to get my ass to the range.  Its cold, but its really not that bad.  So this afternoon I'll go, hit a few balls just to keep the tempo together and remember why I'm so addicted to this crack. 


No comments:

Post a Comment